In Store Shopping Rules during Covid-19 pandemic
Read below for information on In-store in-person and virtual shopping, curbside pickup and FAQs.
In Store and Virtual Shopping
RULES FOR IN-STORE SHOPPING:
We are open for in-store shopping, no appointment necessary! We have a limit of 8 customers at a time, so you may be asked to wait outside if we are at capacity.
Current shopping hours are Tuesday-Sunday 12pm - 6pm. You can place an order online at any time and select in-store pick up. We will email you when your order is ready.
Please read the following rules and guidelines:
1. If you do not feel well, please stay home.
2. Masks Required: All customers must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times while shopping.
3. Maintain social distance: Please observe six feet of distance between other shoppers as well as BGS staff.
4. Sanitize your hands: We will provide hand sanitizer at the entry of the shop for your use before shopping. You may use your own hand sanitizer if you prefer, but we will enforce hand sanitizing before you touch products. We will also have sanitizer at the register so you can sanitize before and after you pay. We have enabled a signature free POS but some Banks will require a signature and we have no control over that.
5. Use a basket: We will provide sanitized shopping baskets. You must use a basket to carry your selections while in the shop. We will provide paper shopping bags for you to bag your items yourself after payment.
6. Come alone if possible: Out of courtesy for our other customers, we ask that you limit your shopping group to 2 people and limit your time in the store. Please do some browsing online before you come so you have an idea of what you want and can make good use of your time in the shop.
7. We do not have a public restroom.
We appreciate your cooperation in our efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy!
1. How long will it take to get my package?
We use USPS for all of our Domestic shipping. Depending on order backlog, we will pack up your order and ship within 3 days. Once you have received your notification that your order has shipped, it can take between 2-7 days. The USPS is stretched thin in NYC and there are times when shipping may be delayed once your package is already in their hands. So far, none of our shipments have been lost! If you can not get packages from USPS please let us know so we can arrange another way to ship.
2. Do you ship Internationally? Yes! BGS now ships worldwide. We use DHL express for all of our International shipping. International shipping rates are flatrate.
3. Do you have elastic for face masks?
Yes, we are now able to keep elastic in stock! Our selection is available here.
4. Since the fabric is listed online in 1/4 yard units, how is it cut?
Your fabric will be cut in one piece. For example, if you order 4 units (four quarter yards), we will cut 1 full yard of fabric for you. 6 units ordered would translate to a 1.5 yard piece of fabric, etc.
5. Can you wind yarn before shipping?
Yes, we can! Please write us a message during checkout so we know!
6. How else can I support the shop during the pandemic?
Please consider donating to our GoFundMe to contribute to our shop upkeep costs and staff salaries during this uncertain time. You can also purchase a gift card to use at a later date. They don't expire! We are so appreciative of all the love and support we've received from our wonderful community! Thank you!
7. What if I change my mind and want to return my purchase?
Knitting needles may be exchanged for a different size within 2 weeks of purchase. Unwound yarn with the original label and in original condition may be exchanged or returned for store credit within 3 months of purchase with receipt. All sale items, fabric, and apothecary goods are final sale.
If purchased goods are damaged in shipment from us, we are happy to send replacement at no cost. Credit for the cost of yarn or goods will be issued to the credit card or PayPal account used for purchase.
Shipping charges are not refundable.
Curbside Pickup Rules:
If you would like a contactless pickup, please choose "in store pickup" during checkout and we will contact you when your order is ready. When picking up, please bring hand sanitizer and wear a mask. Please ring the bell or knock on our door and we will come bring your package.